2006 – 2007 Saturn Sky
Ok, I am not real “Big” on Saturn…not that there is anything wrong with Saturn cars, actually they are pretty decent vehicle…just not my cup of iced tea. But, I was at the Houston 2006 Car Show and I saw the new Saturn Sky…and I was pretty impressed with it. It is hard to impress me I should add, I see lots of vehicles everyday in my shop and to me, most of them are just “vehicles” not too much to get excited about.
Before you say anything about the picture I have here, the picture in the Saturn brochure looks better than the pictures I took at the show, the lighting was terrible…and my pictures are too dark, so I scanned this one. When they hit the dealerships I will take a test drive and get some more pictures for you.
What does the 2006 Saturn Sky have?
1. Available in early 2006
2. Front engine – rear wheel drive
3. 2.4 liter 16 valve inline 4 cylinder with Variable Valve Timing
4. 170 horsepower 162 ft lbs. of torque (not shabby for such a lightweight small car)
5. Available electronic 5 speed automatic transmission
6. Available 5 speed manual transmission with short throw – self adjusting clutch
7. 18 inch alloy wheels and Goodyear P245/45 performance tires
8. Available torque sensing limited slip differential
9. Cloth convertible top with defroster rear window
10. CD player and 6 speaker sound system
11. Available Onstar System
12. Available XM Satellite radio
13. Dual stage front air bags with passenger sensing system
14. Engine immobilizing theft deterrent feature
15. Automatic projector beam halogen headlamps
I can’t wait to take a ride in this sporty little car. If you own one of these, please email me and tell me what you think..you can also share your pictures with us.