Engine manufacturers have done a lot of studies and testing guidelines to plan the maintenance of these items and to check what is the ideal viscosity for long lasting, low contamination and consumption is the lowest possible.
Some of the guidelines most important influence on the durability of the oil are:
- Number of starts in cold.
- Average length of journeys being made.
- Loading position of the accelerator.
- Number of stages of cooling.
- Ambient temperatures.
- System environment of use.
We can assure you that as good oils out there and the quality of materials used to manufacture the engines, the range given by the builders is correct .