By November 29, 20101 Comments Read More →

My Car is Leaking Antifreeze – Where?

Reader Question

Hi, my car overheated and is leaking antifreeze.. All my gauges are normal so i didn’t think anything before it over heated. I put water in the radiator and it just kept sucking it down, it never over flowed. I only did it for about 2 or 3 mins. I know absolutely nothing about cars… I was wondering f you can help.. And maybe tell me the problem and what to do… and maybe the cost??? ( it is a 2002 firebird, if that helps)

Thank you sooo much

Yooooooo Brittany,

I would HIGHLY suggest you take the car to a mechanic and have them perform a cooling system pressure test, its cheap and easy and will tell you where the coolant is leaking from so you can fix it. Test should cost less than $60 or so, and they can probably do it while you wait. Even most oil change places can do it for you.

Once you find out where the leak is you can email me back if you need help.

Austin Davis

Posted in: Fluid Leaks

1 Comment on "My Car is Leaking Antifreeze – Where?"

Trackback | Comments RSS Feed

  1. KT says:

    Thank you thank you thank you… I read this readers problem and your answer because this was happening to my truck. I am lucky enough to be married to a Marine so I have access to our base auto hobby shop. I went in telling them I needed a pressure test and they told me that my water pump had a crack. They told me I could fix it if I wasn’t afraid to get my hands dirty, so next day I went back to the auto hoppy shop and replaced it. The mechanics gave me step by step instructions and helped loosen my bolts, everything else I did myself! I can say when my deployed husband called to ask what I was doing and I told him, he was glad I found your website and knew what to ask the mechanics and proud of me for replacing it myself!!

    Again thank you!!


Got Something to Say?