2006 Kia Rio
The New 2006 Kia Rio is one hot car! My Review and picture
Ok, if you have been looking around my site you are probably noticing that I REALLY like the new Kia Motors line up of cars for 2006. I bought my wife a Kia Sedona minivan 2 years ago, mainly because it was cheap and the 100,000 mile warranty could not be beat.
Since then, Kia has made some great changes and added some really wonderful vehicles to their line up. The 2006 RIO, is a fantastic economy car that really doesn’t LOOK like you bought an economy car. I have always recommended the Toyota Camry or the Honda Accord to my repair shop customers. They are great for a starter car, students or anyone who is looking for fuel economy and a low end retail price tag.
Until the new 2006 Kia Rio, I was still recommending the Honda and the Toyota, but that just changed. I am placing the Rio above those two cars for the first time…..I am recommending a Korean made vehicle….the KIA RIO.
Why Do I like this car?
1. The car looks sporty and stylish
2. The price is awesome – about $13,000 – $15,000 nicely equipped MUCH less than Accord, Civic and Camry
3. 10 year 100,000 power train warranty
4. Awesome fuel economy – 32 MPG city 35 MPG highway
5. Dual front airbags AND full length side curtain airbags
6. 4 cylinder DOHC iron block with aluminum heads – 110 horsepower which is plenty
7. 4 speed automatic with overdrive or 5 speed manual with overdrive
8. 2 interior power outlets for cell phones and computers
9. A HUGE…..I mean HUGE trunk!
10 60/40 split rear seats which really utilizes this huge trunk
11. Very quiet interior – and a soft ride
12. Lots of leg room in front and rear passenger area – more room than Accord or Civic
13. 8 way adjustable drivers seat with adjustable arm rest and tilt steering
14. A sporty looking interior
15. Also available in a 5 door hatchback…which looks cool and is very popular.
If you are in the Houston area, give Alvin Cantu a call at Joe Myers Kia – 713.937.7800