2006 – 2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
What changed about the 2006 Jeep Wrangler except this silly name “Rubicon”? I really don’t see much of a difference between this Wrangler and all previous Wranglers…do you? I was at the 2006 Jeep Houston Auto Show and strolled through the Jeep section…pretty boring if you ask me. I mean, auto shows are where you the manufacturer bring out your best to entice the audience into buying your new models. Jeep fell on their face…in my opinion…please no hate emails.
What features does the 2006 Rubicon have?
1. 4X4 Rock Trac System (ok ok ok, so it is a four wheel drive)
2. Dyna 44 ratio front and rear axles (so does my 92 Chevy pick up)
3. 4.0 liter inline 6 cylinder (ya…so what same engine for the last 10 years)
4. 4 wheel disc brakes (wow, now there is innovation!)
5. Heavy duty drive shafts (ok, so that explains the overpriced price tag)
6. Boasts – most severe duty 4 X 4 set up
7. Starts at $28,000 …no thank you!
Sorry to be such a party pooper…but this vehicle does not wow me in any way at all…not even a little. If you own one and you think it is the greatest thing since Tivo, please email me and let us hear all about it…send some pictures as well.