By December 18, 20110 Comments Read More →

Collision and Comprehensive Coverage

Reader’s Question:

Do I Need Comprehensive and collision coverage on my car?



Comprehensive (also often known as OTC for Other than Collision) and collision coverages are optionally available coverages under the area of a vehicle insurance plan which helps to pay for your own car and therefore are known as Physical Damage Coverages.

States usually require Liability coverages of Property Damage Liability and Bodily Injury Liability. These protect those that you might damage in an accident while Comprehensive AND Collision on the other hand protect your automobile for damages along with other perils. Mandatory state car insurance laws don’t need you to carry Physical Damage Coverages however , if you’ve got a loan on your vehicle or is a leased car then your loan holder or leasing firm will usually mandate these physical damage coverages to be part of your vehicle insurance plan.

Coverages of Comprehensive and Collision are certainly required if you have a loan holder in order that you satisfy the requirements of your loans documents and also have the protection on the automobile, the property of the loan holder, to ensure that if something occurs with it you are most likely protected by your car insurance provider for it to be repaired. If you don’t have these types of insurance coverages and you damage the automobile the vehicle repairs is going to be taken from your own personal wallet or if it’s wrecked you’ll be personally accountable for the automobile being paid off for your financial institution. Without having auto insurance to pay for your automobile, and pay the loan holder the value of the vehicle in a total loss scenario, it’s really a huge financial stress on you.

Posted in: Reader Questions

Got Something to Say?