Car Rental Bargains
Most of us love the convenience of a rental car when we travel and somtimes select a rental car at random right outside the airport or train station. Now things are different you can set up to rental a car online and specify your pick up and drop off point. There are directories where companies are featured and you can easily compare the options as well as pricing.
As a discreet consumer it would be a great advantage if you kept in mind:
1. That you need to keep the paper work ready before renting a car. You need to be over 25 years old, have a valid driving license, have an ID card that is generally accepted, your social security number may be required. Before you make arrangements, check whether your driver’s license is valid where you intend to go. .
2. Determine whether the car has presently valid insurance and whether it has passed a road test lately. Ask specifically whether the car’s papers are in good order and when it was last maintained. Consider opting for damage coverage many companies make the offer for a token amount.
3. Be aware of the rental charges cover and whether there is an extra charge payable for drop off and pick up of the vehicle. Some companies offer the service for free while others do charge additionally.
4. Always ask for confirmation of the booking and read through the terms and conditions carefully.
5. Check what the refueling requirements are. Most rental companies offer conveniences like getting a car with a full tank or filling the fuel yourself. .
6. You should comparison shop for good rates. If your travel dates are flexible ask about special offers and incentive discount periods. Rental car companies also run promotional schemes so be sure to know what is on offer and how it will most benefit you. If you book early on you can usually get better rates. Rates also vary depending on the kind of car you wish to rent. Ask whether you are eligible for any discounts.
7. Choose a car that will fulfill your needs. Find out about luggage storage and additional storage racks , how many passengers will the car seat comfortably.
8. Most companies will not accept cash so make arrangements to carry a card with a low limit for making payment. Also if your company has a regular contract with the car rental then use their relationship to make arrangements. You will get superior service and great rates.
9. If you are traveling with a familiar decide whether the companion will drive the rental car too. If yes ask the company what their policies are regarding an additional driver.
10. Make note of the 24/7 numbers of customer service and numbers where the car rental people can be contacted on an emergency.
The keys areas in car rental are good customer service, flexibility, great vehicle selection, and excellent terms and conditions. Rent a car that makes your trip easy not a nightmare.
Andrew Bermam is a freelance writer for Cheap Car Rental, the premier website for car rental, cheap car rental, online reservation, information about discount car rental companies, special offers, car rental guidance, tips, articles, directories and many more. He also freelances for car insurance Site.