By December 14, 20110 Comments Read More →

Car Insurance with Learners Permit

Reader’s Question:

Can I get car insurance with just a learner’s permit?




Yes, some auto insurance providers will allow you to obtain a policy with only a learner’s permit.

Generally, you’ll need a valid driver’s license or be able to obtain one with a short period of time, typically 30-45 days, to begin an automobile insurance plan with the majority of car insurance companies.

If you’re able to get yourself a full driver’s license within around thirty days of your policy’s start date, some insurance providers may provide you with a policy now.

Your age will also be one factor in whether you can begin your own car insurance policy now with just a learner’s permit. If you’re below eighteen, many auto insurance firms will need that you’ve a parent or guardian sign up the policy together with you, because you are still a minor.

Posted in: Auto Insurance

Got Something to Say?