The all new 2006 Kia Sorento – my review and picture
This week I have been writing a lot about Kia and their new line up for 2006. I have always been partial to the Japanese’s cars like, Toyota and Honda but I have to admit I am starting to place Kia Motors in the same category as these fine Japanese cars. I like them so much I bought my wife a Sedona mini van even though I have been a die hard Honda Odyssey van guy.
I own a large auto repair shop in Houston, that my grandfather started in 1937. I say that because I recommend Toyota Camry and Honda Accord to my customers just about on a daily basis. Up until now, you really could not beat them for their quality and reliability and because they hold their resale value so well too.
Well things are starting to change; I am recommending Korean made Kia Motors FIRST, then Toyota and Honda. Why?
1. Price – most Kia models are priced substantially lower than ANY other manufacture in with the same quality
2. Quality – These cars are made well and hold up well
3. Warranty – Most Kia models have a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty, including a 1 year roadside assist and tire hazard warranty.
4. Safety – Most models have equal or higher safety ratings as Toyota and Honda…and others
5. Looks – The 2006 line up is gorgeous and have the same if not more standard options as the others
6. Performance – Ok…take my word for it, you just need to test drive one I promise you will be surprised
7. Maintenance – take one look under the hood and you will notice one thing that the other manufacturers don’t have…room to work under the hood! You can still do some of the basic DIY repairs yourself!
8. Fuel Efficiency – same if not better than the competition
Soooo how many more reasons do you need to take a serious look at Kia?
The 2006 Kia Sorento is gorgeous, fun to drive, has all the bells and whistles you need and then some….and is priced well below its competition which in my mind is the Lexus RX400 (sure, call me crazy)
A few specs are:
Powerful 192 Horsepower 3.5 Liter DOHC V-6
5 Speed electronic transmission
Power assisted rack and pinion steering
3,500 lb towing capacity….ya baby!
Super smooth suspension and ride control with double wishbone front suspension
5 Link coil spring rear suspension
Front and rear stabilizer bars for cornering performance
16 Inch Michelin tires
Delphi 6 Disc in dash CD changer and 10 speakers!
Steering wheel radio/cd controls
Tons of interior room
Dual front air bags
Full length side curtain airbags
16 city 22 highway MPG
$27,000 List price for a FULLY LOADED model
5 Star safety rating and MUCH MUCH more!
So…go drive one yourself and email me your thoughts about what you think…bet you won’t think I am crazy! I fyou are in the Houston area, give Alvin Cantu a call with Joe Myers Kia 713- 937 -7800